The last post on the blog welcomed 2013 and here I am writing the next one exactly a year later which is a great shame. I have wasted lots of hours doing nothing and always feel a tad uncomfortable when I look at my blog and see the absence of any kind of activity from my end. Am I going to break this trend and vow to blog more as part of my resolutions list for 2014? I have done this in the past and failed miserably so I am not going to make any commitment, even if it is to myself anymore especially on a new years eve. My track record of keeping my word on new year resolutions has been nothing short of pathetic. In fact I don't think I've ever stuck to a resolution.
Looking back, 2013 has been immensely lucky for me and the family. I got a couple of promotions at work that I did not expect, we finally moved into our new home in December, I've gotten to spend a lot of time with Aadrika watching her grow. All in all it's been a year which I can look back on without any regrets and if 2013 has taught me anything, its being grateful for everything that come my way and none of this is possible without the grace of the almighty, my dear father, my wife, mother, in-laws, sister and family and friends.
As I look forward to the new year, I keep asking myself what do I want to do different in 2014 to make my life more enriching? I really haven't figured it out or made a definitive list but I nevertheless want to jot down what comes to my mind on this blog primarily because I want this to serve as some kind of a memo/reminder for me to push myself and overcome the mental inertia that has kept be bogged down for over 5 years now. So here goes (in no particular order):
- Save more, invest more -> Cut down on impulse purchases (the fact that I have spent over 12K just on books in December is proving to be a wake up call)
- Let the photographer in me blossom, which means spending more time on the only hobby I think I have. This will call for balancing the needs of the family and pursuing my passion but 2014 should be the year where I put a stake on the ground and allow myself to pursue things that I am truly passionate about
- Get the mental inertia out of the workplace and get things done. Too often I have just sat on things only because I knew I could get stuff done before the deadlines.
- Keep a journal (whether its on this blog, or a dairy doesn't matter)
- Spend quality time with Aadrika and missus
- Perform the Sandhyavandanam and tarpanams regularly
- Read more. Finish the books that are lying unread before I buy any new book.
- Learn to be clam (inner peace)
- Curse less
- Keep being grateful for everything in life.
May 2014 be a year of happiness, joy and prosperity for all!
Aum tat sat!